Monday, May 17, 2010

A Special Day For Moms

I have to say that I am the luckiest mom around. I have been blessed with 2 beautiful daughters, who I absolutely love and adore. There is no better career for me than being a mommy.
I'm also the luckiest daughter to have such a beautiful, charitable, selfless mother. I can only hope to be half the mother to my children that she is to me.
It was such a great weekend. I heard a rumor that there was a new Cafe Rio in Lake Forest {about 30 miles away}. It's been 4 1/2 months since I have devoured a grilled chicken salad and have been craving one ever since we moved. So to celebrate being a mommy I chose to dine at Cafe Rio and it was worth every bite {and every mile driven}. Afterward, we drove to Newport Beach to get a cupcake from Sprinkles. Much to my dismay, the line was a bazillion miles long. Now, I love me a good Sprinkles cupcake, but I'm not crazy enough to wait in line for 10 hours to get one. So, we settled for a Susie's Cakes cupcake and it was oh so good!Mother's Day itself was awesome. The bishopric of our ward {with the help of the wives} put together a special luncheon for all the relief society sisters. During the 3rd block we enjoyed some yummy food and listened to stories of mother's of the prophets. I've never heard of other wards doing this, so it was a real treat......Only in California.


Later that evening, my good friend Michelle and her sweet baby Elizabeth came over for dinner. Michelle's husband was just deployed and I was so happy to spend Mother's Day with this amazing mother.

Miss Elizabeth and Mia. Silly girls.
Happy Mother's Day to all you amazing, hard-working mothers out there. You are so loved and appreciated!

1 comment:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

I can't believe how long Mia's hair is! Are you kidding me? Can you tell me your secret because my sweet daughter needs a miracle to grow her hair!!