Monday, May 31, 2010

Remembering Our Katerbug

I think the hardest part about living in California is being so far away from Kate's grave site. Although I've never really felt the need to spend time there to feel comfort, I do love visiting the beautiful cemetery and decorating her grave site. {I must say the Fillmore Cemetery is one of the most beautiful, peaceful cemeteries I've been to}. I miss being able to jump in the car and drive the 1 1/2 hours, especially on special occasions as her "angel" day, Memorial Day and her birthday. But, it's so great to have such a wonderful family who visits often and makes sures Kate's grave site is well kept and decorated ohhh so cute.

Greg & SuSan's kids {Will, Drew, Gavin & Devin}

The Rosenvall motto for 2010 is: New adventures, new traditions. For as long as I can remember, we have always spent Memorial Day weekend in Fillmore. Since we were not able to be there this year, we decided that we needed to start some new traditions. So, we spent the morning at the Oceanside tri-ward annual military tribute and breakfast. As part of our ward boundaries cover Camp Pendleton, we have quite a few military families in our ward. I feel so grateful for those who put their lives on the line to fight for the freedom of our country.

The rest of the day was spent at the beach, talking about Kate and shopping for a new camera. Apparently sand and cameras don't mix. So, the camera has been out of commission the past couple of weeks, hence the lack of pictures. However, I did manage to snap a shot with my phone of this sassy little thing........

No comments: