Monday, May 17, 2010

LA Ragnar

Team Jaydie
April 23-24, 2010

A few weekds ago I get a phone call from my cousin's wife, Jen, who lives in Arizona and they had 2 teams put together for the LA Ragnar. One of the members of their team had gotten an injury and therefore had to drop out of the race. Jen thought of me, bless her heart, and since I hadn't done a single race since November I said "sign me up." So, a week and a half later we met for a weekend full of aches and pains, very little sleep and over 200 miles of crazy running fanatics! The LA Ragnar is actually quite new to the series. In fact, this was only the second year. We started the race in Ventura, CA and ended in Dana Point,CA. It was so much fun and I met some pretty cool people, not to mention got to spend some time with Matt and Jen.

Vans 1 and 2 at the starting line

Jen and I 5 miles into our 10 mile leg! 10 miles down....12 miles left to go!
Team Jaydie 1 and Team Jaydie 2 at the finish line.

No comments: