Tuesday, February 23, 2010

They Say It's Your Birthday....

Big B turned the big 3 - 5 today. Yes, people he is one year closer to 40. Despite being 1 year older, he didn't seem to complain and we had a fabulous celebration.


I took Bryan to The Beach House in Cardiff By The Sea. This restaurant sits right on the beach and we dined to the sound of waves crashing {I know.....totally romantic}. It was bliss! I was disappointed the photo didn't capture the background because it was totally the best part!

Let me just preface.....I don't do seafood. I don't like the smell, the texture, etc. However, this was a monumental moment as I tried eating not cooked Ahi, but RAW Ahi! Yup....I did it and I kindda liked it!
To end the night, we had the Moffats over for some cake and ice cream. Once again......the cake was a total FLOP. This is one day a year that I try to go above and beyond with the cake and every year I just can't get it right. It may look {somewhat} of a success, but pictures can be deceiving. It was totally dry and I let it sit in the fridge and the icing was too firm when it should have been light and fluffy. Oh well, I guess there is always next year.
The best gift of the day came from Deb, Jonathan & McCall. If you look close enough.....you can see this lovely candy dish is engraved "Congratulations to the Moffats 2010." Mmm.....wonder where that came from. Thanks guys! We totally LOVE it!
Happy Birthday Bryan......Turning 35 wasn't that bad, right!!!

2 comments:

Brynnly and Alan said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Bryan! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Schofield's said...

How fun! Happy Birthday Bryan! I hope you guys are enjoying California. I'm sure you are, who wouldn't? :)