Monday, February 8, 2010

Lovely LuLu

Shortly after Kate passed away my dear friend, Lizzie, came for a visit. Lizzie {early in her second pregnancy} expressed that if she were to have a little girl, she wanted to name her after Kate. I can't even describe how touched and honored I was {I am} by this. Eight months later Miss London Kate was born. Little did we know that she would have her own set of health issues.

Just shortly after London's 1st birthday, she was given the gift of life. LuLu received her liver transplant and just recently headed home {sweet home}. She is doing so well and we are so thankful. What a miracle!!! The last couple of days I have just been thinking about how precious life is and how important being a donor is; how it can saves lives. When Kate was still with us, we spent months in and out of the hospital. We made some dear friends while we were there. We saw children waiting on donor lists for heart transplants; some who received them and some that never made it. When I turned 16 and got my driver's license for the first time, I made the decision to be a donor {not really putting much thought into it}. Through the experiences I have had over the past couple of years seeing many lives changed {for the good}, I am proud to say that I am a DONOR!!! Are you??
To Miss London Kate and your family......We love you and are so happy that you got your new liver!!! Keep fighting girl!
This is Mia, Tytan and Miss LuLu back in August......
....and this is Miss LuLu now {post transplant}! Isn't she lovely??
Meet Miss LuLu and read her sweet story at: http://www.liverforlulu.blogspot.com/.

8 comments:

The Dumas Family said...

What a pretty little girl. It never ceases to amaze me the ability Kate has to touch people everywhere. She gets that from her lovely mommy. I feel so blessed to know you both!

Unknown said...

Marcae,
I have been thinking about you a lot lately. All I have to say is you are a strong woman!!! We lost our 4th baby on Dec. 29th. That has been the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. It even beat the 4 yrs of hospitalizations we endured with Adriana. I don't know how you did/do it. I just want to let you know that I really admire your strength and courage. You are truly amazing!

The House that James Built said...

thx mar...a sweet little post for my sweet little lady. i love you

Fritzsche's said...

LuLu is adorable and I'm so glad that she got her transplant. I hope this means that she will be healthy and have no further complications. Too sweet! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

2nd try. what a great story. LuLu is a doll. not sure how i came across your blog-but i must tell you that you are a strong and amazing woman.

Threet family said...

Marcae, you are amazing. You always make me want to be a better person! Thank you for that!

Brynnly and Alan said...

I am proud to say I am a donor as well! Yay! She really is a beautiful little girl! Love her name too!

Nelson said...

Simply beautiful.