Monday, October 13, 2008

My Favorite Things....

My Favorite Sweater
When I found out I was expecting Kate I was ecstatic!!! I was absolutely beside myself and felt like I just needed to buy something for the future little Rosenvall. Not yet knowing the sex of the baby, I strolled into Gymboree in search of the perfect item. So of course, I had to buy something for a little boy and something for a little girl. After a few minutes of looking, I set my eyes on the most precious little "bunny" sweater which I immediately fell in love with. I had a feeling that this one was going to be a boy, but secretively wanted a little girl. I found a sweater just as cute for a little boy (it was brown with a little raccoon on it) and away I went. Once I found out I was having a little girl....the raccoon sweater happily went to our little neighbor Mason, who was born 3 months before Kate.
I couldn't wait for the day Kate could fit into this little sweater. Finally, in October she was big enough to wear it. The poor thing wore it everywhere....Let's just say she got good use out of it.
When Kate passed away and knowing another little girl was on the way, I wasn't sure if I would be able to pass down her clothes. I felt like it would be way too emotional. However, I chose not to box everything up and put it away for good. I have found so much comfort having Mia wear Kate's clothes and feel that there are so many good memories with each little outfit.

My Favorite Accessory
"Snuggle Legs"

Okay, these are Fabulous!!! Bryan works with a guy who both he and his wife sell these cute leg warmers for tots....Snuggle Legs. They are a perfect alternative to tights because they cover the entire leg without the hassle of dealing the monotony of tights during diaper changes......and to top it off.....they are super cute. They have a kiosk in the University Mall by Gymboree where you can purchase them and other fun baby and tot accessories. They come in all different colors and patterns. They even have some for boys. Check out the website: http://www.snugglelegs.com/.

My Favorite Peeps

I had to sneak a shot of this. Yesterday I went downstairs to find Bryan and Mia watching Baby Einstein together. Who would've thought it could be so mesmerizing (ex. see Bryan's face).

14 comments:

Robertsons said...

that is the best photo of the 2 of them!

Shane & Laina said...

Amazing how captivating children's shows can be for dads...love the pictures of Kate and Mia.

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

There are times that I look at Mia and think that she looks just like Bryan, and there are times that I think that she looks just like you. - Crazy Cute!

Nicole said...

I am glad that you are finding comfort with Mia wearing Kate's clothes. It is amazing the memories and feelings that a little sweater can hold.
I got so excited reading about snugglelegs. They are so cute. Then I remembered that my baby is a boy. And I'm just not sure how I feel about that!

kirstin said...

I love Baby Einstein! Thank you for having us over for dinner Sunday! I had so much fun, Weston and I think we need to get together more often, we talked about it on the way home, that we don't get to see you guys enough. I am excited for pictures Sautrday, let me know if you guys can make it!

kenz said...

How cute I do love that sweater! And I used to find myself stuck to the t.v when baby einstein was on. I love those leg warmers they are adorable, and I think mia is looking more and more like you! She is beautiful either way, but I definetly can tell she is her mothers daughter! Can't wait to get together!! love ya

The Faddis Family said...

Mia has gotten so big, and is seriously stinkin cute! I don't know how you can stand to be away from her for a whole weekend. I love the idea of snuggle legs... I'll have to check them out sometime if I am ever in provo. BTW... baby eistein IS mesmorizing... I used to catch myself watching it with my kids when they were smaller... now they watch annoying things like Elmo that make it easy not to watch... See you soon!

Fritzsche's said...

I think I remember when you bought those sweaters. I think we were at the Gateway for a girls getaway. I loved your favorite things. I too have Kenyon wearing the boys clothes and it is so fun to see him wearing them and remembering how little my boys once were. Mia looks adorable as usual. So cute. I love her smile.

Nelson said...

It is so fun to see both girls wear that cute sweater.
Snuggle legs, that seems brilliant! Do they make them in adult sizes? If not, they should. Pass it on to your friends and tell them to give me royalties.
Bryan is the cutest Daddy!

Carrie said...

Isn't it so great how clothes can hold so many memories? I often have a hard time getting rid of certain things because of all the adventures in it. :) I love the bunny sweater. So sweet. And I love the beautiful quilt that Mia is laying on! Who made that? Wow. And dang I bet the Snuggle Legs are less expensive than Baby Legs, huh. They are totally the same. The BL were $12 a pair. ouch.

Lacey said...

I remember Kate wearing that adorable little sweater on many occasions. I love the picture of Brian and Mia watch Einstein. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

ryanfam said...

I don't know if I ever told you Thank You for your strength. Your posts always make me strive to be the best my I can be and to cherish every single moment I have. I really think your amazing and I am so glad that Mia is a continued source of comfort and wonderful reminder of her sweet sister at special times like this.

I think that pic is a classic and boy oh boy does Bryan look right at home in front of Baby Einstein!

The Dumas Family said...

Mia looked so cute at lunch! She is so adorable and is always dressed so perfectly - just like Kate. Thanks again for lunch and the visit. It was great to see you and you look amazingly hot!!! Bryan is one lucky dude. He's looking good too - tell him to keep up the good work. Talk to you soon!

Sue said...

that's funny that bryan is watching and mia isn't : )