Monday, October 27, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!!!

I feel like I have been a little spoiled the last 2 weekends. I must say that it is so refreshing to be able to get together with my girlfriends. As previously mentioned, my friend Jalene is getting married next month so we got together last weekend and celebrated her engagement. It's so fun being able to talk, laugh, eat and just unwind from our day-to-day duties.
Jalene...The Guest of Honor
Kenz, Jalene, Teresa

Me, Gina, Treo

This past weekend was a first. My college roommates (from my senior year at SUU) had a little get-away in St. George. This is the first time that we have all been together since I graduated (7....GASP.....years ago). The highlight of the trip was going to Thriller at Tuachan. If you haven't been before, it is a MUST. This is the 3rd time I have been and it keeps getting better and better.

Be AFRAID....Be VERY, VERY AFRAID!!!!
Tami (actually, Tami's arm), Angie, Lacey, Me, Kelly, Terri, Kaydee

As much fun as I had, I must admit that it was hard leaving Mia for that long. I wanted to post this picture of her. When Bryan picked me up yesterday, his first comment was......"There are a lot of things I can do, and curlers aren't one of them, so this is how Mia went to church..."! What a good sport Bryan is. I actually kind of like the natural look :)

Bryan's disclaimer....."I put a headband, bow and a really cute dress on her. Who needs curlers anyway." Case closed.

16 comments:

Fritzsche's said...

I think her hair looks so cute. I wouldn't have thought anything else. She is just adorable. I need to see this thriller thing. You guys always talk about it and say it's great. I must be missing out on something good. I want a trip to St. George too. I'm glad you had a get a way and a good time.

Nicole said...

This whole time I thought her hair was naturally curly. How funny. She is cute curly or straight! And yes, those hogi yogi days were absolutly magical. I don't know what the heck we were thinking. I don't think it even crossed my mind that we were possibly... stealing! But it sure was fun to just "hog out!"
Another little tid-bit, Alan and I were talking this week about when my car got towed at SUU. What a bummer that was. I couldn't even find it. Anyway, when I was upset to him on the phone, he said this is when he knew for sure he wanted to marry me. He wanted to "save" me. It happened to come up this week when I "bumped" the mail box with my van!

ryanfam said...

Yah Thriller!!! It rocks and we r going on Wed. night!!
I love the pics of Mia with new baby Will. That is so cute and Drew? Holy cow she is sucha little beauty. I remember when you were babysittin her at some Fillmore function and I was thinking to myself... if I ever have a little girl I hope she is that cute. I guess I got a cute little boy!

Jen said...

How fun!!! Seriously...is Bryan the cutest dad or what?? Ok...he's a close second to my husband! :)

Robertsons said...

he's a good daddy

Matt and Amber said...

Um... So I sure do miss you guys!!! We need to get together! Maybe when I have Cash you can show me what mom's do. We can have play dates or something. I'm sure Cash will love an "older" woman to play with!

Treo Sanders said...

Mo, I love the pic of little Mia. bryan is so dang funny. What a good little daddy though and he even got her to church. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Love you

The Hawaiian Howells said...

oh mia looks so cute and I love her hair both ways. I am glad you went out with the girls it is always fun to do that. love meg

rudi said...

she's getting so old! i kinda feel the same way most days of the week... who needs curlers anyway. hope you guys are doing well

Lacey said...

I can't believe you put that awesome picture of us all looking our best!! That was such a great weekend. Thanks for being a wonderful friend. I'm counting down the days to Paradise!

The Faddis Family said...

"girls just wanna have fun," and I think we did. It was fun seeing everyone, and getting reacquainted. I hope we can do it again. Bryan is funny on the whole comment about her hair... he's a good dad and hubby. We'll have to start thinking about what we can go do next year.

Terri said...

Sooo dang cute. I havent blogged in a while so I had some catchin up to do. I love all your posts, especially the tag about you. The reason why is because all the things you mentioned are things that havent changed since we were roommates. AND that is why I love you so much. I had a blast this girls trip and can hardle wait till our next one. Love you sweets, lets get together soon.

Brynnly and Alan said...

I love girl get togethers. I'm so excited for Jalene! Love the picture of Mia. Oh my goodness! Love at those eyes and hair! Beautiful! Hope you are doing well and happy halloween! :)

Nelson said...

I'm so excited for Jalene! She is such a cutie.
I hope you're not partied out, because you still have next weekend in PC.
Bryan is such a good Daddy. I am impressed he put a bow in, Mitch wouldn't have done that.

Vanes said...

HOW FUN!! I LOVE Thriller - we missed it this year!! :( I can't imagine your little girl NOT looking cute! She a DOLL!

Carrie said...

Bryan is such an awesome Daddy. To even be able to put an outfit together--good job!!