Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just a Few "FIRSTS"...

Mia and I spent the last couple of days in Fillmore while Bryan was in Chicago for work. I have always teased Bryan that we need to move to Fillmore because every time we would take Kate down there, she really liked spending time on Grandpa's farm and we always ended up turning her oxygen down. Well, while we were down there this past week, Mia slept through the night for the FIRST time...HALLELUJAH!!!! Every time Mia would wake up and make any little sound, I would immediately jump up and start feeding her. My sister-in-law, SuSan, gave me the best advice. She said to just get up and give her a Binky and let her calm down and go back to sleep. Most of the time, they are not even hungry. So, I tried it that night and sure enough....she woke up and started fussing a little around 2:30 am. I went in to check on her and give her the Binky and not even 5 minutes later, she was sound asleep. That night she slept for 9 hours. I couldn't believe it. There have been a few nights since that I've had to get up and feed her once during the night, but for the most part she is sleeping for longer periods. Like I said....there's just something about being in Fillmore :)


My niece, Drew, came and stayed with us for a couple of days last week and we had such a great time. We took Mia to the pool for the FIRST time. The Lehi Legacy Center has a fabulous indoor/outdoor pool and so we took Mia swimming. When Kate was about a year old, I took her to the pool a couple of times and she loved it. One difference between Kate and Mia, is that Kate loved when she would get splashed and Mia HATES it. Looking back, one thing I am grateful for are the times I took her to the pool. Although it was very awkward with her oxygen and all, I knew she loved it.


Mia had her 2 month appointment yesterday and she had her FIRST round of immunizations! She had to have 5 shots and I'm surprised how well she did. I have been dreading it, so I'm just glad it is over with. She is growing up so fast I can hardly stand it. Her are the stats:
WEIGHT.....11 lbs. 6 oz. (61%)
HEIGHT.....22 inches (31%)
Here are just a few of her LIKES and DISLIKES:
LIKES.....
Taking long naps (I like that too)
Sleeping on her tummy The Binky
Going for rides in the stroller
Being carried in the Baby Bjorn
DISLIKES.....
Being in her car seat
Lying on her back
Being woken up for her naps

12 comments:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

This is great, Marc! I'm glad you and Mia had such a fun time in Fillmore. I remember that Kate also loved visiting Fillmore so much, too. The pool pictures are adorable.

Lisa said...

I agree, you really should move down to Fillmore :) That is great that she is sleeping better for you. That is always such a great feeling when you can start getting a little more sleep! She is growing up so fast! What a doll.

Nelson said...

Props to you for being such a great Mommy.
Props to the binki for helping out.
You look gorgeous in the picture with you and Kate at the pool.
So glad I was honored to hang out with Drew while she was in town. You guys are the best! Thanks to Bryan a million times for helping out with the sprinklers.

Ally Christensen said...

Paige and Mia have the same swimsuit - too cute! Can't wait to see you guys Tuesday.

The Strand Family said...

That little girl is so dang cute!! Love the smile! Ella LOVES the water :)

The Dumas Family said...

I can't believe how big Mia is. She is so adorable and I can't wait to snuggle her. I'll call you so we can make plans this week. I'm so glad you enjoyed your long weekend and Mia slept through the night - YAHOO!

The Wasek Family said...

She is SO stinkin cute!

John and Kassie said...

What a darling little smile! I am amazed at your blog and how well you keep up on everything! How is the training going for your relay? I hope you guys have a great 4th of July weekend---take care!
Oh, and I just love the picture of Kate dressed up in daddy's ensemble! Too, cute---but totally something John would do with the buttons down the front:)

Kent said...

What a little doll. So glad you posted these awesome pics! We need to have another get together.

Lacey said...

Way to go Mia! Maybe we can start going to the gym together here in the near future. So I'm taking it that she didn't spend too much time in the pool!

Tami and Kaleo said...

Marcae she is so cute. I was the same way about feeding my kids in the middle of the night. I just did it and I was always jelaous of those who could do the binky thing. I was always to tired to do that . Nursing was easier. What I wish I would have done then. Good for you for listening to other people. You look so freaking skinny in the pic with kate at the pool. Was that a bikini. you suck. I look like i got attacked by a wild bore. haha. Love you Tami

Em said...

I do not know if you remember me, but I took care of you and Mia at the hospital, when she was born. I found your blog through our friends the Stricklands. Glad to see Mia is growing and doing so well!
Emily